Terms and conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 01732361000.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are LUXSA LIGHTING LTD a company registered in England and Wales under number Gb621815949 whose registered office is at LUXSA LIGHTING LTD, UNIIT 5B CANNONBRIDGE IND EST, -- Select County --, TN9 1PP with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone number 01732361000; (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside their trade, business, craft or profession;
4. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
5. Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
6. Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
7. Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
8. Order means the Customer's order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
10. Website means our website luxsa.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
11. The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
12. In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
13. All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
14. We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
16. We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
17. The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
18. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
19. A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
20. Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 30 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
21. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
22. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
23. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
24. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
25. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
26. We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
27. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
a. we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
b. after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
28. If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
29. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
30. If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
31. We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
32. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
33. If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
34. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
35. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
36. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal and cancellation
37. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
38. You can cancel the Contract except for any Goods which are made to your special requirements (the Returns Right) by telling us no later than 30 calendar days from the day the Contract was entered into, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without liability, except in that case, you must return to any of our business premises the Goods in undamaged condition at your own expense. Then we must without delay refund to you the price for those Goods which have been paid for in advance, but we can retain any separate delivery charge. This does not affect your rights when the reason for the cancellation is any defective Goods. This Returns Right is different and separate from the Cancellation Rights below.
39. This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
a. goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
b. goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
40. Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
a. in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
41. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
42. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
43. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
44. You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website luxsa.co.uk. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.
45. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
46. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
47. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
48. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
a. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
b. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
49. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
50. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
51. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at LUXSA LIGHTING LTD, UNIIT 5B CANNONBRIDGE IND EST, -- Select County --, TN9 1PP without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
52. For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
a. distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
b. sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
Conformity and Guarantee
53. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
54. Upon delivery, the Goods will:
a. be of satisfactory quality;
b. be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
c. conform to their description.
55. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
56. We will immediately, or within a reasonable time, give you the benefit of the free guarantee given by the manufacturer of the Goods. Details of the guarantee, including the name and address of the manufacturer, the duration and territorial scope of the guarantee, are set out in the manufacturer's guarantee provided with the Goods. This guarantee will take effect at the time the Goods are delivered, and will not reduce your legal rights.
Successors and our sub-contractors
57. Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
58. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
a. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
b. the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
59. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
61. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
a. 'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the GDPR.
b. 'GDPR' means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
c. 'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
62. We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Goods to you.
63. Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
a. before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
b. we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
c. we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
d. we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
64. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: email@example.com.
65. The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
66. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
67. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
68. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: "If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days.".
69. These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket
Model cancellation Form
LUXSA LIGHTING LTD
LUXSA LIGHTING LTD
UNIIT 5B CANNONBRIDGE IND EST
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01732361000
Cancellations and refunds
cancellations must be requested before dispatch of item. If cancellation request come through via email before your order has been dispatched,
then a full refund will be given immediately. If a cancellation request comes in after dispatch then the customer must return the item to recieve a full refund.
refunds for faulty or damaged goods must be reported within 30 days of ordr date. if a refund is requested within the 30 day period we may ask you to return the items to recieve your full refund. your return carriage charge will also be refunded to you in the case that the lamp/product is faulty. If your item is then found not to be faulty then your return postage will not be refunded.
Shipping and fulfilment policy
your order will be shipped within 1-2 working days from order date. our standard service is Royal Mail 48 which is a 3-5 day service. other services are avaliable, please select when ordering your products for a faster delivery service.
Luxsa Lighting Ltd, trading as Luxsa.co.uk, uses a number of systems and services to promote and sell its products to the public and trade customers. Luxsa Lighting complies with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 when dealing with all data received from visitors to the website and premises.
We only hold personal data for as long as necessary. Once data is no longer needed it is deleted from our files.
We regularly email website news and information updates to those customers who have specifically subscribed to our email service. All subscription emails sent by us contain clear information on how to unsubscribe from our email service. Such instructions will include a link to a page to unsubscribe.
We may send emails to existing customers or prospective customers who have enquired or transacted with us, regarding products or services directly provided by us. All emails sent by us will be clearly marked as originating from us.
Lightbulbs Direct has a presence on many social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others. These social media platforms typically deploy tracking methods such as ‘cookies’, ‘beacons, or, ‘pixels’ that enable them to deliver messages and ads based on a user’s activities and preferences. Users who visit the luxsa.co.uk website and also use social media platforms can control their tracking preferences and opt-out of this data collection, targeted messages and ads by visiting their user settings on each specific platform. For example, to opt-out of Facebook targeted messaging visit your facebook Home Page > Settings > Ads > Ad Settings and amend settings.
From time to time luxsa.co.uk participates in advertising campaigns using a range of media companies and platforms. Cookies and other tracking technologies may be used to assess the effectiveness of these campaigns. No personal information is shared with these companies and any information they share with us e.g. if a user subscribes to our newsletter via a third party, is shared on the basis specific, informed consent was given at the time. Subscribers may opt-out of our newsletter mailing list at any time.
We never sell, rent or exchange mailing lists.
More information about cookies and how to manage them can be found at aboutcookies.org
Cookies and other tracking technologies may be used to monitor the effectiveness of advertising campaigns that lyuxsa.co.uk may occasionally use to promote our products. These tools provide information to us to help us ensure we promote relevant products.
Personal Data, including names, contact information and data on use of our website, is collected for the following purposes using these third party services:
SHOPPING - Providing an online shop, promoting products and services and, managing orders using: wixpayments
Personal Data: e-mail address, names. Marketing Analytics: Google Analytics analytics.google.com Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data. For more information on Google's use of information from this site please visit Google's Policy page.
Personal Data: name, address, contact information and special instructions.
COMPANY AND CONTACT INFORMATION
DATA CONTROLLER AND OWNER
Luxsa LIghting Ltd, Unit 5c, Cannonbrisge ind est, Tonbridge, Kent , Tn9 1PP
Luxsa Lightong Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales VAT Number Gb621815949
Contact e-mail email@example.com
Further information on data collected, how we use it and your rights as ‘User’:
We only hold Personal Data necessary to offer services provided on our website.
Data is only used for the purposes described in our entry on the Data Protection Register. DP Register entry
DEFINITIONS AND LEGAL REFERENCES
PERSONAL DATA (OR DATA)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from this Application (or third party services employed in this Application), which can include: IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilised by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g. the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the oath followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating the system and/ or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Application, which must coincide with or be authorised by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refers.
DATA CONTROLLER (OR OWNER)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organisation with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the owner of this Application.
The hardware or software tool by which the Personal Data of the User is collected.
Small piece of data stored in the User’s device. More information on Cookies can be found here.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfilment of the obligations under Air. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC. and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC. as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC. on the subject of Cookies.